Thursday, July 17, 2014

Upcoming Streams: July

A quick update on what games I'm playing and what I have coming up as far as articles go.

Faster Than Light
I picked this game up on the Steam Summer Sale.  Needless to say, I'm pretty bad at it (I've only beat the Kestral on Easy Mode), but I've been playing it a couple times through per week whenever I have time.  Like Hex, FTL has Manti so I'm a big fan, but it also has micromanagement and experience and all the good stuff I love.  I might pick up streaming this on my Twitch channel for a few achievement runs (so I don't embarrass myself too much).

Civilization 5
Civilization Beyond Earth is coming out in October, so I want to get my fill of earth Civilization with crossbows and pyramids before I take off into the great beyond.  I've been doing achievement runs with the Brave New World Civilizations I haven't had a chance to play with.  My friend Travis (who recently got the game) and I are planning on doing a "Two-Men-Versus-The-World" scenario where we play against 8 Emperor Bots.  We're having a vote in the WNY Gamers Group for which Civilizations you want us to play.  We'll play the Top 2 chosen.  I plan on streaming this for a few hours Sunday afternoons/evenings.

League of Legends
Doom Bots of Doom were announced, which means that when I'm losing to degenerate power spikes I might actually be happy.  I'm almost exclusively an ARAM player.  I play in provisional Ranked games just to get my flashy border and season skins, but the Howling Abyss is where i make my home.  The Doom Bots have enhanced effects and abilities, though not the best strategy or objective focus that humans do.  Still, I'm looking forwards to trying it out.

Everquest Next: Landmark
Beautiful House from Everquest Next: Landmark
Courtesy of Bellazar
I got into the Landmark Beta for the next seven days, so this weekend I want to monkey around in the game a bit with the world creator to see what it has to offer.  The stuff I've seen about the game leaves me with equal parts mouthwatering anticipation and eyebrow-arching skepticism.  Normally I'd be filling my MMO itch with Guild Wars 2 or Hex, but since Hex doesn't have its MMO elements in, and GW2's new area has been laggy to the point of unplayable for me (the game is still beautiful), I'd rather go Everquest Minecrafting for the weekend.

Hex
Saving the best for last ;) I've been hard at work trying to get the website set up exactly how I want it when I finally convert it from blogger.  Since the mercenary changes there hasn't been too much in the way of news.  There was a large scheduled constructed tournament announcement that revamped the structure.  It costs platinum to enter, but winners get 20 packs and 70K Gold!  Sadly until they enact peer-to-peer trading I'll probably be steering clear of constructed for the time being.  I do have a few decklists I plan on posting to let you guys know a few ideas I'm monkeying around with in my playtesting group.


No comments:

Post a Comment